Your California Privacy Rights
(As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
Children and Privacy
HHS cares about protecting the privacy of children. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us any personally identifying information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves. If you’re under 13, please do not register for any of our services or provide us information about yourself.
What Information Do We Collect?
HHS and our service providers collect a variety of information about you including:
- Information you choose to provide to us directly when using our Services and information about the computers and devices you use to access our services, including their location.
- Information about your browsing activity as you use our Services and interact with our content, email messages and advertising. Some information may be collected automatically through cookies, beacons and other tracking and personalization technologies.
- Information about you or your household that we obtain from other sources where permitted by law.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- We and our service providers use the information about you we collect for a variety of purposes including to:
- Customize the content and advertising you see and recognize you as a previous visitor.
- Provide the services you request and improve these services.
- Tell you about offers we think you will value.
- Conduct market research and audience analysis.
- For any other purpose described at the point of collection or with your consent.
How Do We Share Information?
- When we have obtained your consent.
- With business partners that co-sponsor promotions we offer or provide a tool or feature accessible through our Services.
- With our service providers, select third-party advertisers and other companies involved in the delivery of the advertising you see online and offline.
- To protect or defend the rights of HHS or our users.
- Together with other assets, if the HHS website or Service is sold to another company.
- When required by law or as we deem necessary or appropriate to respond to requests from public authorities.
- You can update any contact information you provide to us by using the “My Account” feature available on many of our sites or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can stop the delivery of commercial email messages you receive from any HHS brand by using the unsubscribe link in any such email you receive.
- You can remove your name and postal address from lists we sell or rent to third parties for their direct marketing purposes by using the opt-out form here.
- You can opt-out of our use of your online viewing behavior data to serve your interest-based advertising on third-party sites and email newsletters at www.aboutadsinfo/ or by clicking on the Ad Choices link in the footer of our websites and navigating to the consumer opt-out page. Use the same links to opt-out of interest-based advertising on our Services from any third-party advertising networks we may use.
- HHS is committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.
- We have adopted commercially reasonable procedures to help us secure your information, but no data transmissions or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
Effective Date: September 1, 2019
This Policy describes our privacy practices regarding:
- Children under 13
- Information Collected Through Our Services
- Information We May Obtain from Other Sources
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Disclose Information and Your Related Opt-Out Choices
- Sites to Which We Link
- How to Correct or Update Your Information
- Security, Retention and Storage of Information
Children Under 13:
HHS cares about protecting the privacy of children. We won’t knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us any personally identifying information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We encourage you to become involved in your children’s online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones. If you’re under 13, please do not register for any of our Services or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
Information Collected Through Our Services:
The information we gather through our Services falls into two categories: (1) information you voluntarily supply to us when you register, initiate transactions, participate in promotions or surveys, submit comments or questions or otherwise communicate with us or others through the Services, and (2) information collected automatically as you use our Services. Third-party providers and advertisers featured on, or linked to or from, our Services may also gather information through the processes that we don’t control and subject to their own separate privacy policies, which may differ from ours. Some of our Services also may participate in third-party advertising networks that collect information about your activity online to tailor some of the advertising that you see on sites in their networks to your interests.
Registration and Other Personally Identifying Information
You may register to use certain features of our Services. When you register, we may collect personally identifying information, including your name, postal address, email address, user name and password, reminder questions and answers and communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive. We may also ask for information about your age, gender, hobbies, interests, preferences (such as your favorite foods, purchases or recipes) and the like, but you’re free to register for most of our Services without providing this additional information. When you register for one of our Services, the information you provide may be added to a centralized HHS database so that you may be simultaneously registered for our other Services as well. In addition, when you use various aspects of our Services, we may ask you for personally identifying information, including when you order products, complete a survey, enter a contest, or report a problem with our Services. We may also collect contact information for individuals when you use the sharing and referral tools available within some of our Services to forward content or offers to your friends and associates. We use this information to facilitate the communications that you request. Please note that if you use any “send-to-a-friend” features of our Services, your mail address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
Contests and Other Promotions
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services
HHS or third-party contractors we engage may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, including but not limited to:
- Web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our video or audio content, such as the type of content accessed via our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- The site you visited before visiting the HHS website and the site you visited after visiting the HHS website;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type, screen size, browser type, language, plug-ins, Internet domain, TCP configuration parameters, operating system and versions of installed software;
- standard server log information; and
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
Personalization and Tracking Technologies
Like most website and mobile application operators, we, or third parties acting on our behalf, use embedded scripts, “cookies,” web beacons and other tracking technologies to operate, analyze and improve our Services and tailor content and advertising to user interests. Third-party companies that provide some of the tools and features accessible through our Services and advertisers and other companies involved in the delivery of advertisements you see on our Services and other websites also may use tracking technologies to collect information about your use of our Services. Cookies. Cookies are small amounts of data (often containing a unique identifier) that are stored in separate files within your computer or device’s Internet browser. Cookies are accessed and recorded by the website you visit, and by the companies that deliver the advertisements you see on our services, so they can recognize the same browser navigating online. You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you to decide whether to allow us or third parties to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Services. Please be aware that certain browsers cannot block or delete so-called “Flash” cookies, which use a feature of the Adobe Flash video player to store information on your computer. For information about how to delete Flash cookies, please visit the Adobe website here.
Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
Web beacons (sometimes called “transparent GIFs,” or “pixel tags”) are small strings of code that embed a small graphic image (usually invisible) on a web page or in an email or advertisement. When your browser downloads a web beacon, the server that sends the corresponding image to your browser can recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page embedded with the beacon and a description of that page.
Mobile Device IDs and Location-Based Information
Certain mobile devices, including smart phones and tablet devices, contain unique device IDs that can be used to identify their physical location. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data (which may include a phone number) when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. When you use mobile devices to access our Services, we may collect and transmit unique device IDs and collect caller ID data, information about your wireless carrier, the make, model, operating system and settings of your device and information about how you navigate within our Service. With your consent, we also may use precise geolocation technology, such as GPS or Wi-Fi triangulation to collect information about the exact location of your mobile device.
Social Network Posting Tools and “Share” Features
Information We May Obtain From Other Sources:
We may combine any information collected through the Services with other information that we obtain about you, your computer, and/or device from other companies and sources, including third-party data suppliers and public databases. The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, email address and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
- Your interests and purchase behavior;
- Publicly-visible data, such as your posts and submissions to blogs, video-sharing services, and other interactive forums; and
- Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
How We Used The Information We Collect:
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a customized experience when using our Services and to make them more valuable to you. Because our Services are supported by advertising, we also use the information we collect to help us and advertisers efficiently reach consumers who are most likely to be interested in particular products and services. We only use payment and identity verification information as necessary to complete a particular transaction, provide a requested service, enforce legal rights or comply with applicable law.
In addition, we and our authorized service providers generally use other information that we or they collect about you to:
- Customize the content you see when you use our Services and other services as you navigate online;
- Analyze, operate and improve our Services and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you email and electronic newsletters;
- Help recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting one of our Services;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
- Attribute content that you post to forums we operate on our Services;
- Recognize the same users as they access online, or mobile services using multiple browsers or devices and deliver to them appropriate interest-based content and advertising;
- Provide you with special offers, promotions and information from companies within our corporate family, and select third parties in accordance with applicable law;
- Control the display of advertising and develop and deliver advertising tailored to your interests, including advertising that you see on our Services, advertising you see on third-party websites and email programs, and offers and advertising you may receive offline;
- Help us measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our content, features, advertisements, and any other communications;
- Conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting;
- Understand whether our users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Disclose Information and Your Related Opt-out Choices:
Except as otherwise expressly noted herein or within the Services, we may share any information collected through our Services, including without limitation, your name, postal address (and any other information we combine with that information) with our provider partners and service providers, and with carefully selected third-party organizations and marketers of products and services potentially of interest to you. The following describes some of the circumstances in which we may share information about our users:
We share our users’ email addresses with service providers that send email messages and deliver targeted advertising in our emails on our behalf. These service providers may collect data about how you interact with those messages (including information about whether and when you opened a particular message or clicked on a link within a message and the device you used to do so) and analyze it in conjunction with similar information they collect when you respond to emails they send on behalf of their other clients who are not affiliated with us. They use this email response information in combination with your email address to target and optimize the delivery of emails and email advertising they send on our behalf and for their other clients. We may also provide our service providers with lists of our user email addresses that they use in a hash-encrypted form to recognize our users when they subscribe to third-party email services and send then interest-based advertising on those services. We do not authorize our email service providers to share your email address with their other clients.
If you use our Services to sign up for special email offers from third-party advertisers, we will also share your email address and any other information you provided with your request with the advertisers you selected. Except as described in this policy, we will not sell or rent your email address to unaffiliated third parties for their email marketing purposes, without your consent.
If, during or immediately following registration, you choose to access offers for goods or services that are available from selected third-party companies (“Co-Registration Vendors”), we may make certain contact and demographic information you provide (e.g., name, age, and/or email address) available to these vendors with your consent.
Provider Partners and Service Providers
Aggregated and Anonymous Information
We and our service providers may combine information about you with information that we or they collect about other users of our Services and share it in a form that does not identify you personally. We and our service providers may also anonymize information by removing any information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifying to you. We may use aggregated information or other anonymous information and disclose it to third parties as we deem appropriate.
Information You Post to Blogs, Discussion Forums and Community or Social
Keep in mind that any information that you choose to post to blogs, discussion forums, or other community or social networking services that we offer can be seen, collected and used by anyone who has access to the applicable service. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Legal Compliance, Business Transfers and Other Disclosures
To remove your name and postal address from postal lists that we will sell or rent to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please use the postal list opt-out form available here or send your request to us in a letter address to Healthcare Hospitality Solutions, Opt-Out Postal, Attn.: Circulation, 605 SW US Highway 40 #292 Blue Springs, MO 64014.
You can opt-out from any HHS email newsletter or commercial email list and prevent the collection of related email response information by our email service providers by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message and/or by visiting the Email Preferences page on our sites and updating your preferences. If you no longer want to receive third-party email offers that you requested through our Services, simply follow the advertiser’s unsubscribe link or opt-out instructions that should be including in every commercial message you receive.
HHS follows the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral advertising released by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) in July 2009. To opt-out of our use of your online viewing behavior data to serve interest-based advertising on third-party websites and email newsletters, visit http://www.aboutads.info/. You may also click on the Ad Choices icon located in the footer of our web sites and navigate to the consumer opt-out page. Use the same links to opt-out of the delivery of interest-based advertising on our Services from the operators of the third-party ad networks we use. Note that you must opt-out separately from each computer or device and browser that you use to access our Services and if you clear your cookies, you will need to repeat the opt-out process.
Most of the third-party advertising and data companies we work with, including DoubleClick and Google, also subscribe to DAA Principles and/or are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the information collection practices of NAI members and your related opt-out choices, please visit the NAI’s website here. You can opt-out of interest-based advertising from Google by visiting the About Google Ads page or permanently opt-out of the DoubleClick cookie by installing the DoubleClick opt out extension. For information about Google Analytics’ information practices and related opt-out choices, click here.
Adobe and ________ are other third parties we engage to track and analyze usage and browsing patterns of our users. For information about Adobe’s information collection practices and related opt-out choices, click here. For information about ________’s information collection practices and related opt-out choices, click here.
Do Not Track
Sites to Which We Link:
We may also provide links to other websites or services and provide access to products and services offered by third parties, whose privacy policies we don’t control..
How to Correct or Update Your Information
HHS provides you with the ability to access and edit certain personally identifying information that you may have provided to us through our Services. To update this information, please visit the “My Account” area or comparable feature of the Service you used to enter your information. If you cannot locate such a feature, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security, Retention and Storage of Information:
Your California Privacy Rights